Thursday, December 10, 2009

Where does the time go?

I can't believe I haven't posted anything in so long.

Time just seems to be slipping away from me, and the tighter I try to keep hold, the faster it slips away.

We've been a busy little family the last few weeks. Miss Kaylee is now in the throes of teething woes, and we're trying everything under the sun to help alleviate the worst of her pains, but it looks like this is just something she'll have to outgrow. She won't touch teething rings. She hates the taste of Ora-Gel (but it does give some relief). The only thing she likes to knaw on is a stuffed animal Bunny with wide, flat plastic feet and hands (we've Bun-Bun, because right now it's the only thing keeping Big Dave and me sane.

We're also in the process of trying to get the house in order because come Christmas Day, we will be invaded by relatives. My brother, sis-in-law and niece and nephew will be here, as well as my mom and dad, so we'll have a full house for the holidays. Great for family togetherness, not so great for Big Dave and me because quite frankly, house cleaning has not been at the top of our priority list after a difficult pregnancy and the trials and tribulations of early parenthood. I'm trying to take it one room at a time, but with a teething infant, work, and tax season almost near, there's very little time left to devote to cleaning a toilet, let alone a whole room. Why can't I have the powers of Samantha from Bewitched? Just wiggle my nose, and the chores are done. Ya know what? That's my Christmas wish. Forget world peace and goodwill towards mankind. I want supernatural powers that will take care of the housework.

Are you listening, Santa?

No comments: