Thursday, March 11, 2010

Time Flies When You're Changing Diapers

I know... I know. It's been a LONG while since my last post. I could give you so many excuses for why I haven't been posting: I've been insanely busy trying to keep my 8-month-old fed, clothed, clean-diapered and entertained. Seriously -- who knew such a small person could demand so much of your time, energy and sanity?!?!?! : )

Perhaps I'll just use the standard excuse that has worked for so many schoolchildren for so many generations -- the dog ate my computer.

Really, though, my main excuse is that I got a new computer (laptop) and didn't transfer over the Favorites links, and I was entirely too lazy to remember any important details (userid and password) pertaining to the blog, so I kept putting off any updates. Well, tonight I finally found where I had written down those details. So, voila! Here we are again.

Life has been hectic, for sure. My daughter (aka my little nomad) is very much an on-the-go child. She is not happy unless she is in the car traveling during the day. So this means most everything else has taken a secondary importance, because, as those of you who are parents can attest, whatever works to keep her happy and quiet, you do it. Thankfully, as she gets older, she is starting to get content staying home for longer periods, and seems happy with 2 hours treks versus the old 6 hour treks. This means we can start getting some things done around the house which are LONG overdue. The list is too big to get into detail here, but let's just say that I purposefully have not had company over since Christmas because of my lack of attention to those home details. I have to believe that a messy house signifies that a happy child lives there. I have to believe it or I will, possibly, go insane.

Miss Kaylee is now crawling backwards, but lays on her stomach and rolls herself forward. She is learning the fine art of eating solid foods, and she is learning sign language with the help of Baby Einstein videos. She knows the signs for mommy, daddy, milk, sleep, and cereal. And let's face it -- that's pretty much her life right now. With the help of her bouncy chair, she is working towards propelling herself into the Milky Way. She has two teeth on top and two teeth on the bottom, and will strip the skin off your finger if you are brave/dumb enough to stick a finger in her mouth.

All in all, she's a healthy and happy little girl.

No comments: